Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Does Mike Trout Already Have One Of The Top Ten Rookie Seasons Ever?

Using the Baseball Reference Play Index, I found the best seasons for anyone in their 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th seasons. If a player had 130 or more career ABs before a given season, I no longer considered him a rookie (I think that is the rule and I think there is something also about days on the roster but I don't know how to find that). So here are what I think are the top 10 seasons ever for a rookie position player in WAR. Please let me know if you think anyone is missing. Notice how few games Trout has played, so it looks like he could pass Jackson.


MJ Lloyd of HaloHangout has a good post on how Trout compares to other great 20 year old players. See Mike Trout Is In Elite Company. AROD has the highest with 9.2 in 1996. So Trout could break that, too.

No comments: